In order to foster community, mutual trust and respect, but most importantly, to comply with the FTC, please review the following disclosure for any questions you may have regarding compensation and this site.
- Paid reviews: I may, on occasion, do a paid review (also known as a paid post). These will be few and far between and I will clearly and specifically note that it’s a paid review. Will that result in a bias or positive review? Not likely. In fact, my honesty and directness may shock you.
- Product reviews: Either by way of products provided to me or through (very small) commissions on product purchases through the site, product reviews do result in compensation from these two methods. I do not return products provided to me for review for various reasons, but mainly because most products I review are consumed during the review process (think cementitious products, here). Again, fair warning, providing me with your product will result in an honest review.
- Ads: I’m in the real estate business on TheRealTimJones, also. You couldn’t tell? Those blocks of ads, whether in a post, in a video, in a photo, in the sidebar, header, footer, text links, stripe ads — those are all rented real estate. Either for direct monetary compensation (ad rates here) or commission supported, the ads on this site provide compensation. Keeping with the previous two notices, remember, honest, straight-forward home improvement help and reviews on TheRealTimJones.com. The ads, whether direct compensation or commission-based, do not effect the opinions or directions on this site.
- Tweets: I use Twitter. A lot. I also use SponsoredTweets for some tweets. This means I get paid to send a tweet. They are always disclosed and I will not tweet something I don’t support or would use, myself. Believe me, I’ve declined many for that reason.
- In-post links: I get paid (through commissions) for the in-post text links you will find throughout the site. Every link in a post is an affiliate link. If not, that was an oversight on my part. These links have no direct or indirect impact on the content or opinions expressed on this site.
- Emails/Photos/Questions: Any emails, questions, photos, videos, opinions provided to me (you can contact me, anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org) become the property of TheRealTimJones.com for my sole use and distribution (this means if you email me a question and a photo, expect to see it on the Web).